Picks made Saturday for fast track and off turf
3. Harpes Hill – First-time starter out of a good mare. Working OK. Not much to beat here.
4. All Together – Another first timer who is working well. Trainer can pop with these at a price.
3. Everlyn’s Angel – Working very fast at Delta Downs. Think this one has some talent.
5. Nora G – Two very sharp efforts and last was even better than looked. The one to beat here.
7. Cryptozonic – Should get perfect setup for his late kick with all the speedsters battling early.
2. Beverly Park – A 14-time winner this year who ships in for one more try at another win.
6. Vale Male – Just missed in last outing at this level. Should improve Saturday and be tough to beat.
7. Nosilverspoonshere – New to Amoss barn so that is a plus. Has been working well for this race.
3. Open Road – Has been on dirt in all starts. This one gets New Orleans native Joe Talamo to ride.
4. Britain’s Kitten – Past two on dirt are good enough to take this at a price if he can repeat.
IF ON TURF – 1-8
3. Kupuna – Got a good fitness building race in last outing and comes in sharp for hot trainer. Looks tough here.
2. Bright Spark – Sharp right now with past two starts very good. Has an upset shot.
7. Nancy Spain – Had good first outing and should show some improvement from that tough race.
5. Vivaciously – Ran well here opening week. Gets added distance the breeding suggests.
4. Trobairitz – Should handle dirt when race comes off turf. This one will be a nice price with this group.
9. Free Like a Girl – A nine-time winner from 20 starts — all .different tracks. This is the one to beat.
IF ON TURF – 4-8
1. Stiff Drink – Might be able to turn the tables on two foes who beat him in November — price play.
3. Calicoco – Has run well in two starts here but needs to improve a bit. Gets rider change.
8. Shes Lookin Lucky – Good first start and extra distance here should help. Will improve Saturday.
7. Grapes for Eloise – New to the Amoss barn. Sneaky good race in first outing. A price play.
Around the Track
The turf races might get moved to the dirt because of Friday’s rain but the racing card Saturday is very good. In Race 3 a throwback horse, Beverly Park, ships in to go after win No. 15 in 2022. Beverly Park has already won 14 times this year, which is more than a lot of horses start in a year. This 5-year-old horse will make his 30th trip to the starting gate Saturday and has run in the money an impressive 23 times.
Our Best Bet on Saturday will be in Race 8: No. 4 Trobiaritz — This is one should be set up to run a career best Saturday on either turf or dirt.
Good luck and may they all come home safely.